© Coding4Youth.org. All rights reserved.
CS201: Introduction to Python programming
An introduction to programming basics through the Python language, a powerful yet easy to learn programming language. The Python programming language has quickly become one of the most utilized programming languages over the past few years in a variety of fields, including artificial intelligence and data science. Students will be introduced to Python and general programming concepts through a combination of interactive lessons and the creation of multiple game projects that will reinforce the students’ Python knowledge as well as program design fundamentals. The first class session will cover software installation, configuration, and introductions.
Conditional statements Random number generation Creation of helper functions Use of different loop types
Multidimensional Lists Nested For loops Validating user input
Use of the Set data structure Advanced conditional structures Complex function design
- How to design, create, and run Python programs
- Programming fundamentals like:
- Console input and output (use code to interact with the user)
- Variables (keep track of important data)
- Loops (repeat sections of code easily and efficiently)
- Conditionals (control the execution of code based on true/false statements)
- Basic data structures (different ways to organize data)
- How to work through and solve complex problems through Python
- Testing and debugging skills
You will need a PC or Mac computer as well as a headphone with a mic.
Please contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is only ONE free make up lesson available. Please coordinate with instructors on scheduling.
Our instructor team includes students and graduates of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from Accredited Institutions.