© Coding4Youth.org. All rights reserved.
CS107: Intro to Mobile Apps Development
Learn how to create games for mobile devices! Stencyl is a drag-and-drop, block-based game development platform that can be used to publish iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, HTML5 & Flash games, without writing any code! This makes the tool perfect for first-time programmers, or anyone who wants to learn more about how computer games actually work! In this course, students will use essential coding concepts, like conditionals and variables, to create fun and engaging games. They will learn how to think logically, without getting bogged down by the technicalities of non-visual programming languages. This course also explores foundational principles of iterative game development, 2D graphics, and even artificial intelligence! The first class session will cover software installation, configuration, and introductions.
Stencyl interface and scene editor Defining configurable actor behaviors Two-directional motion Conditional statements (if-otherwise)
2D collision boxes Handling collision events Local and global variables Drawing text and numbers to the screen
|Artificially Intelligent Enemy||
Principles of AI XY coordinate systems for 2D graphics Boolean (true/false) variables
Animation principles Spawning objects Randomization of enemy attacks
- How to develop engaging mobile games for Android or iOS devices using Stencyl
- Principles of 2D graphics, animation, and collisions
- Programming fundamentals like:
- Loops (allow repetitive tasks to be coded efficiently)
- Variables (keep track of important data)
- Conditionals (control which instructions are performed, based on true/false statements)
- Logical operators (build complex true/false statements)
- Logical thinking, problem solving, and debugging skills
You will need a PC or Mac computer as well as a headphone with a mic.
Please contact us through email or phone, one of our counselors will assist you.
There is only ONE free make up lesson available. Please coordinate with instructors on scheduling.
Our instructor team includes students and graduates of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from Accredited Institutions.